Bitcoin Online Casinos that Accept Australian Players
I consider Bitcoin to be the perfect casino payment method for Australian online casino players. I will give you my honest feedback and also list the few disadvantages that I found. In my opinion, Bitcoin is a great banking option for Aussies because it is easy to use, convenient, safe & secure, anonymous, and inexpensive. Bitcoin supports both deposits and withdrawals. This means that you can make a deposit with Bitcoin and withdraw your winnings to your Bitcoin wallet.
Website: www.bitcoin.com Type of payment: E-wallet
Does that sound interesting? If you would like to know more about why I recommend Bitcoin for Australian players, keep reading.
What is Bitcoin and How Does it Work
Before using Bitcoin as a casino payment method, you need to know the answers to the following two questions.
|What is Bitcoin?
- Bitcoin is a digital currency that also serves as a payment solution.
- Bitcoin was created in Jan 2009 by an anonymous developer who went under the name of Satoshi Nakamoto.
- Bitcoins exist only as virtual coins in balances maintained on public ledgers that anybody can easily access.
- Bitcoin is not under the control of any bank, financial institution, or government.
- The number of bitcoins permitted to be in circulation is limited, and one day, bitcoins can no longer be mined.
- Bitcoin miners create new bitcoins when they solve complex mathematical problems on sophisticated computers.
- Since their number is limited, bitcoins are very volatile and valuable.
|How Does Bitcoin Work?
- I like Bitcoin because I can use it without having to understand the technology behind it.
- It’s as simple as creating a Bitcoin wallet on your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
- Give your friends the public address of your Bitcoin wallet so that they can send you bitcoins.
- Or use your Bitcoin wallet to send bitcoins to somebody else's wallet.
- Use your bitcoin wallet address only once; you can always create more.
- Each Bitcoin transaction is stored in a transparent and easily accessible public ledger called the blockchain.
- Believe me, this is all you need to know to use Bitcoin as a payment method at your Australia-facing online casino.
Make Your First Deposit with Bitcoin – Guide to Making Deposits at Australian Online Casinos
It is time to make your first deposit with Bitcoin. But there are a few things you have to take care of before that.
Step #1: Create a Bitcoin Wallet
A bitcoin wallet is a software program that presents an online space to store your bitcoins. Also, it has a public address that you can use to send and receive bitcoins. Choose from several types of bitcoin wallets such as web wallets, mobile wallets, desktop wallets, and hardware wallets.
Step #2: Get Hold of Some Bitcoins
Don't worry. It's not as difficult as it sounds. Here are a few methods I use to obtain bitcoins:
- I have signed up at cryptocurrency exchanges, where I can buy bitcoins with my traditional money. Some of the best cryptocurrency exchanges are Binance, LocalBitcoins, CoinJar, and CoinBase. Link your cryptocurrency exchange account with your credit card or bank account.
- I use websites such as Coin ATM Radar to locate Bitcoin ATMs, which allow me to exchange my traditional money for bitcoins.
- I also have an account at Paxful, which helps me to locate banks that allow me to exchange my bitcoins in exchange for fiat currency.
- My account at LocalBitcoins enables me to find someone who wants to exchange his/her bitcoins for traditional currency.
- Also, CoinBase rewards me with bitcoins whenever I watch videos, take surveys, or play games.
Also, here is a nice tip for you. Almost all of us have credit cards. Do you like the idea of using your credit card to purchase bitcoins? It sure is a convenient way to obtain bitcoins. Here are some simple steps to guide you:
- Create an account at cryptocurrency exchanges such as Coinmama, Bitstamp, CoinBase, LocalBitcoins, Binance, and CoinCorner. These sites support the use of credit cards.
- Log in and select the bitcoin amount you want to buy.
- The cryptocurrency exchange will verify your identity.
- Supply your credit card details and Bitcoin wallet address.
- The cryptocurrency exchange will send the bitcoins to your Bitcoin wallet.
Step #3: Make Your First Deposit with Bitcoin
Once you have successfully completed Step #1 and Step #2, you are ready to make your first deposit. Just follow these steps:
- If you haven't already done it, create an account at a Bitcoin online casino that accepts Australian players.
- Log in to your gaming account and visit the banking area.
- Choose Bitcoin as your preferred casino payment method.
- Type your deposit amount and follow the rest of the instructions.
- The bitcoins will be instantly credited to your account.
How to Withdraw Your Winnings at Bitcoin Online Casinos
One of the best features of Bitcoin online casinos is their collection of BTC games. You can wager bitcoins on these games and win prizes in bitcoins. Don't be in a hurry to withdraw every single bitcoin you win. I advise players to withdraw only a part of their bitcoin jackpot and use the rest on online casino games. So now that you have won some bitcoin jackpots, you want to withdraw them to your bitcoin wallet. The procedure to do so is simple especially as Bitcoin supports both deposits and withdrawals. Here are the steps to withdraw your casino winnings:
- Log in to your online gaming account.
- Navigate to the banking area.
- Select Bitcoin as your preferred withdrawal method.
- Provide the online casino your public Bitcoin wallet address.
- You can copy and paste it manually into the field provided for the purpose.
- Or you can use your smartphone or tablet camera to scan the QR code of the bitcoin wallet.
- Confirm the details by clicking on "Confirm."
- Click on the "Withdraw” option.
- Your bitcoins will soon hit your bitcoin wallet.
- Pay a small fee to speed up the process or be willing to wait for a few hours to receive your winnings.
Also, Bitcoin online casinos may keep your payout request pending for up to 72 hours. They need this time to verify your account details. The gambling laws of the jurisdictions that have licensed your online casino require it to verify player accounts to prevent money laundering and fraud. In this case, your bitcoin withdrawal will be delayed until the online casino verifies your account and approves your payout request.
Everything about Fees
Do Bitcoin online casinos charge fees? I haven't come across any online casino charging players for depositing and withdrawing with Bitcoin. You don't have to pay bitcoin miners either. Nobody forces you to pay any fee. If you choose to pay a fee, however, and these are nominal fees, you can speed up the withdrawal procedure.
How to Choose a Bitcoin Online Casino
The easiest and safest way is to just choose one of the Australia-friendly Bitcoin online casinos I have listed on this website. I have vetted each casino properly before recommending it to Australian players. If you insist on finding a casino on your own, here are some guidelines that may help you:
|Ownership & Licensing
- Avoid online casinos without a valid gambling license.
- Make sure that the online casino’s parent company is reputed, financially fit, and experienced.
|Software & Games
- Ensure that the portfolio has at least 500 games of different varieties such as slots, table & card games, video poker games, instant win games, live dealer games, and others.
- Single-provider casinos are excellent, but I prefer multi-provider casinos because they offer hundreds of games from multiple providers on a single browser-based software platform.
|Bitcoin Bonus Codes
- Sign up at online casinos that reward players for using Bitcoin.
- I have seen many online casinos that offer generous bonuses to players depositing with cryptocurrencies.
|Promotions & Tournaments
- Online casinos that offer hardly any promotions are bland.
- Register at online casinos that offer plenty of promotions, run adrenaline-pumping tournaments, and reward loyalty.
- Avoid online casinos with bad and unresponsive customer support.
- The best Bitcoin online casinos have a strong responsible gambling policy.
- They offer effective player protection tools to help you gamble responsibly.
- They allow you to request self-exclusion if your gambling activities get out of control.
- Their partnership with non-profit organizations such as GamCare, BeGambleAware, and Gamblers Anonymous makes sure that problem gamblers get the required assistance at the right time.
- If you come across a Bitcoin-only casino or an online casino that accepts only Bitcoin as a payment method, make sure that it is licensed.
- Many Bitcoin-only casinos operate without a license as Bitcoin is not under the control of any government.
- I recommend traditional online casinos that support multiple cryptocurrencies and fiat currencies, including Bitcoin.
Alternative Payment Methods at Bitcoin Online Casinos
Using Bitcoin is safe and secure. But you can use alternative payment methods if you are not comfortable with cryptocurrencies. I have created the following list for you:
|Credit and Debit Cards
- Use credit/debit cards such as Amex, Visa, and MasterCard to make deposits.
- You can also withdraw your winnings to your Visa card.
- If you live in Australia, you may not be able to withdraw to your MasterCard credit card.
- Also, credit card payments tend to get declined if banks are not gambling-friendly.
- POLi Payments is a safe and secure online payment solution for the residents of New Zealand and Australia.
- Use POLi to transfer funds from your bank account to your casino gaming account.
- POLi is a deposit-only payment option.
- Neosurf is a prepaid voucher bearing a unique ten-digit pin code.
- Buy Neosurf vouchers at several points of sale across Australia.
- They are available in denominations of up to AU$100.
- Use the ten-digit pin code to make secure deposits at online casinos.
- Neosurf, like POLi, does not support payouts.
- Many Australian online casinos offer Bank Transfer exclusively as a payout method.
- Use Bank Transfer to withdraw your winnings if you deposited with MasterCard, Neosurf, or POLi.
- Though expensive and time-consuming, Bank Transfer is safe and reliable.
- Some online casinos also allow you to deposit through Bank Transfer.
- If you are not happy with Bitcoin, you can use other cryptocurrencies.
- Bitcoin online casinos also support Tether, Bitcoin Cash, Monero, Ethereum, Dogecoin, Litecoin, and other cryptocurrencies
Advantages and Disadvantages of Bitcoin Online Casinos
Bitcoin is not the perfect online casino payment method although it has many advantages. I have listed the pros and cons of using Bitcoin at online casinos so that you can decide for yourself.
- Bitcoin is an anonymous casino payment method. While using Bitcoin to make deposits and withdrawals, you don't have to reveal your financial details to the online casino.
- Online casinos can legally offer Bitcoin as a payment method to players living in countries that have not regulated online casino gaming. This is because Bitcoin is not under the control of any government, bank, or financial institution.
- Bitcoin transactions are fast. They are faster if you choose to pay a nominal fee.
- Bitcoin transactions are free of charge but you can opt to pay a nominal fee for faster transactions.
- Bitcoin is very easy to use.
- You don't have to report your bitcoin winnings as governments don't recognize Bitcoin as real money.
- Bitcoin is not widely accepted as a casino payment method. Very few casinos offer it.
- Since Bitcoin is not under the control of any government, many Bitcoin-only casinos operate without a license. Playing at such online casinos is risky.
- Since Bitcoin is very volatile, the value of your casino winnings can change drastically several times in the course of one day.
- If you don't pay any fees, you may have to wait for several hours for your winnings to hit your Bitcoin wallet.
Online Casino Games at Bitcoin Online Casinos
Bitcoin online casinos offer a wide range of online casino games, as follows:
- Most of the games at Bitcoin online casinos are slots.
- If the online casino has partnered with multiple vendors, you can choose from several varieties of slots, including classic slots, jackpot slots, bonus slots, multi-line slots, and five-reel slots.
|Table & Card Games
- You can play several varieties of blackjack, baccarat, roulette, and poker at Bitcoin online casinos.
|Instant Win Games
- These are scratch cards, number games, lottery games, and keno games that are over in an instant.
- Since their results are known in an instant, they are ideal for busy online casino players.
|Video Poker Games
- This is a category of games that blend the rules of slots and poker.
- You have to create the strongest poker hand to win a prize.
|Live Dealer Games
- Participate in games that are actually being placed at game studios and land-based casinos.
- Interact with live croupiers as you play.
|Progressive Jackpot Games
- The jackpots of these games progress in value with each bet that players place on them.
- This continues until a lucky player wins them.
- Wager bitcoins on these games and win prizes in bitcoins.
|Provably Fair Games
- You can personally test these games for fairness and randomness.
Bitcoin Online Casino FAQs
You can expect a variety of bonuses at Bitcoin online casinos. Some of them are welcome bonuses, reload bonuses, cashback bonuses, and free spins. Some Bitcoin online casinos reward you just for depositing with Bitcoin.
Yes, it is. Bitcoin is safe and secure. Although bitcoin transactions are stored in a public ledger that is easy to access, nobody can hack them. Moreover, Bitcoin online casinos implement the latest security technologies to protect your data. You must also remember that no bank or financial institution is required to complete a Bitcoin transaction. And you don't need to reveal your personal and financial details to use Bitcoin. You don't even have to link your bitcoin wallet to your bank account or credit card.
Bitcoin-only casinos support only Bitcoin. But many online casinos support a wide range of fiat currencies and payment methods such as credit/debit cards, bank transfer, electronic wallets, and others.
Australian online casinos can legally offer Bitcoin as a payment option for Australian players because Bitcoin is not under the control of the Australian government. This means that it is legal for Aussies to use Bitcoin.
Bitcoin transactions are not literally instant, but they definitely move at lightning speed. Your online casino may take up to 72 hours to verify your account and process your payout request. After that, you have to wait for just a few hours for your winnings to reach your Bitcoin wallet. If you pay a small fee, your withdrawal will be faster.